Best Youth Snowmobile Helmets In 2023 [Top 15 Picks]
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are many different types of snowmobile helmets available today. These helmets are designed to protect you from the cold, snow, and ice.
You can find a variety of styles, colors, and sizes. You will want to make sure that you purchase the right snowmobile helmet for you.
Buying a snowmobile helmet can be confusing, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for. This guide will help you to find the best youth snowmobile helmet.
Top 15 Best Youth Snowmobile Helmets You Can Buy In 2023
1. CastleX Mode D/S SV Dual Sport Snowmobile Helmet
- Anti-fog/anti-scratch hard coated
- Cold weather chin curtain
- Breath box
- Hi-Definition Smoke tint sun visor
- An advanced ventilation system allows for air to flow front-back
This helmet is made of a special composite material that allows for a lighter weight helmet and a more aerodynamic helmet. The EPS liner is also constructed with a special material that is stronger than regular EPS liners.
This helmet has a tinted shield that allows for the helmet to be more aerodynamic. This helmet also has a breath box that allows for more air to flow through the helmet and a cold-weather chin curtain that allows for the helmet to stay cooler.
- Value for money
- XXL fits like an XL
2. Raider Full-Face Snowmobile Helmet
- DOT FMVSS 218 Approved
- 6 vents and a flush-mounted dual-lens shield
- Optically correct, dual shield
- Tool-free quick detach
- 3 shell sizes for a better fit
- Clear multi-position ratchet
- DOT Certified
This lightweight helmet is DOT approved. The dual-lens shield is removable and the helmet is toolless for easy removal.
The dual-lens shield is a multi-position ratchet and features a clear multi-position ratchet to allow for easy adjustment of the shield. This snowmobile helmet is available in 6 sizes to fit your head and helmet size. This helmet is DOT certified and is a state of California-approved helmet.
- Nice helmet!
- Decent helmet for the price
- Great design
- Fogs up pretty bad but other than that works well
3. CastleX CX950 Diverge Electric Modular Snowmobile helmet
- Adjustable Chin Strap
- Removable Visor
- Built-in Antenna
- 5-Year Warranty Quality
This helmet is equipped with a 5 Year Warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This helmet is also very comfortable and has a good fit.
The inside padding is nice and soft. It has a nice and tight seal. The helmet has an adjustable chin strap and a removable visor. It also has a built-in antenna. I’m very happy with this helmet.
- Awesome helmet for snowmobiling
- Good features
- The face shield can be adjusted to any angle
- The helmet is very light
- The visor has a plastic frame. It’s not as sturdy as I would like
4. Westt Cross X – Motocross Snowmobile Helmet
- 5-star head impact protection rating
- Dual visor for both sun and rain protection
- Removable outer visor
- Adjustable strap
- Washable padding
- Adjustable sizing
- Integrated sun visor
- Protective cover
The helmet is designed for Motocross and dirt bike racing. It is suitable for all types of riding including street riding, motocross, off-road, road racing, BMX, and dirt bikes. It is a great helmet for dirt bike enthusiasts.
The helmet is available in a wide variety of sizes and colors to fit your needs. The helmet is DOT FMVSS 218 certified and the visor is easy to remove for use with goggles or glasses. The helmet has a wide range of ventilation points to keep you cool and comfortable.
It is DOT approved for street use and has a head impact protection rating of 5 stars. The helmet is made from ABS and Polycarbonate material and has an adjustable strap. The helmet has an inner and outer shell with an integrated sun visor and dual visor.
The helmet is also designed with a removable outer visor. The helmet is compatible with the Westt Cross X helmet bag and has a protective cover. The helmet is available in black and grey.
- Fits well like the style and look
- Very Comfortable
- Value for money
- 5-year warranty
- A little bit expensive
5. Vega Helmets Caldera Electric Snow 2 Custom Modular Snowmobile Helmet
- Custom-fit design with a wide brim
- Removable sun shield with a drop-down inner sun shield for additional coverage and protection
- Detachable heated electric snow shield with silver wiring
- 3 closable intake vents
- Multi-position heated electric snow shield
- Adjustable chin bar
- Removable, removable comfort tech wick-dry liner
- Fully ventilated waterproof design
- Pre-drilled EPS to fit most Bluetooth com systems
- Meets or exceeds US DOT standard FMVSS 218 & ECE R 22.05 and engineered with a high density channeled airflow EPS liner for maximum impact
- 5-year warranty and accident replacement protection
This helmet is for the adventurous rider who wants the best of both worlds, from the safety of a traditional helmet and the versatility of a modular helmet.
The Caldera Electric Snow 2 features a custom-fit design with a wide brim, removable sun shield, detachable heated electric snow shield, and a drop-down inner sun shield for additional coverage and protection.
The Caldera Electric Snow 2 is the most comfortable and protective snowmobile helmet available.
The multi-position heated electric snow shield for the Caldera Electric Snow 2 is 30% larger, optically correct, and features SURE SEAL contoured edges for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
Large sizes and up include additional cheek pads for custom fitting big heads / larger cheeks. The Caldera Electric Snow 2 is also the most technologically advanced snowmobile helmet available.
- Good quality
- Pretty nice helmet for the money
- Easy to adjust
- Cheek pads are good
- The fit is a bit on the small side
6. VEGA Helmets V-Star Snowmobile Helmet with Electric Heated Shield
- Lightweight and aerodynamic design
- Electrically heated shield system for easy to use and operate
- Multichannel inner EPS for maximum protection and airflow
- Adjustable ventilation system with three large air intake ports
- Folding, quick-release buckle system
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
The V-Star helmet is equipped with revolutionary V-Shield technology, a state-of-the-art, multi-channel inner EPS shell that provides maximum protection and maximum airflow. The V-Star is also equipped with a lightweight, yet durable ABS shell.
The V-Star helmet is designed with a new quick-release buckle system that is easy to operate and comfortable. The V-Star helmet is designed to meet or exceed the DOT FMVSS 218 standards for safety. The V-Star helmet is the perfect choice for your next riding adventure.
- Fits great, is comfortable, and is a very lightweight
- The shield is electric and easy to use
- The buckle is easy to operate
- The helmet is well ventilated
- The ventilation is great
- The price is a little high
7. 580 Conquest Modular Snowmobile Helmet with Integrated Sun Lens Communication
- Large Visor Opening for Maximum Visibility
- Quick Release Chin Bar
- Integrated Eye Shade
- Integrated Sun Lens
- Pinlock Anti-Fog Lens
- DryTech Liner
- Multi-Port Ventilation
- Integrated Communication System
- DOT & ECE Certified
The 580 Conquest Modular Helmet with Integrated Sun Lens Communication is well made. and this is very easy to get on and off and will make your riding experience more comfortable.
The chin bar can be removed in seconds with the help of the quick-release mechanism. The shell is designed to have a small profile to keep the helmet lightweight and not make the helmet top-heavy.
The 580 Conquest Modular Helmet with Integrated Sun Lens Communication is a great option for riders looking for a modular helmet with anti-fog capabilities. The 580 is a great helmet for the rider looking for a great value modular helmet with a sleek design and a lot of features.
The Voss 580 Modular Helmet with Pinlock Anti-Fog Lens is a great modular helmet for the rider looking for a great value modular helmet with a sleek design and a lot of features.
This helmet is a great option for the rider looking for a modular helmet with anti-fog capabilities.
- Great quality for the money
- Very easy to get on and off
- Sleek design
- Great ventilation
- Anti-fog capabilities
- The sizing may be a little small
8. Snow Master TX50 Matte Black Ultra Light Snowmobile helmet
- Flow-through ventilation system
- Electric shield- Integrated aerodynamic spoiler
- Adjustable nylon chin strap with secure snap
- Smooth lock drop-down visor system: Retractable drop-down internal sun visor. All with the simple flip of a switch!
- Secure Lock: One button flip-up chin bar release with steel locking mechanism
- Snow Master Storage Bag Included
- ECE 22.05 and DOT Certified
The Snow Master TX50 helmet is a full-face modular helmet for men and women that is ideal for snowmobile and street riding. It is designed to be comfortable, lightweight, and easy to use.
This helmet is a modular helmet with the ability to be easily removed for on-the-road use and then easily attached to the snowmobile for snowmobiling. It is designed to be a very easy helmet to use and maintain. The TX50 is ECE 22.05 and DOT certified. It is also available in Matte Black.
This helmet checks in at nearly 20 percent less physical size, than the model it replaces. Major advancements in EPS technology allow this helmet to be smaller and more compact, all the while offering every bit the protection of much larger and bulkier competitors.
- Unique Style
- Easy to Maintain
- One-button release
- Mold lines on visor
9. FX17BH Flat BK 4XL Best Snowmobile Helmet
- 3D Adjustable Chin Strap
- Removable Liner
- Durable Construction
- DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified
The FX17BH Flat BK 4XL helmet is a very unique design that is made to be very comfortable. The FX17BH Flat BK 4XL is made with a 3D adjustable chin strap that is easy to use.
The main reason for this is the fact that it has a larger than average inside diameter and an inside height that is less than the average. This gives the FX17BH Flat BK 4XL helmet a very unique look and feel. The FX17BH Flat BK 4XL helmet is a good-looking helmet that will fit most riders.
The FX17BH Flat BK 4XL helmet features a dual-density EPS liner that is soft and comfortable. The EPS liner is soft and lightweight and will not add any weight to the helmet.
The EPS liner is designed to absorb and disperse energy from an impact and will not crack or break. The EPS liner will not absorb water and will not rot.
The FX17BH Flat BK 4XL helmet features a one-piece ABS shell. The ABS shell is strong and durable and will not break or crack. The ABS shell is designed to resist and deflect impact energy.
- Retractable visor
- Very comfortable
- It May not fit smaller Head riders
10. Ski-doo Modular 3 Snowmobiling Helmet
- wide-opening visor
- Low-profile chin curtain
- Removable, washable sunshade
- New ergonomic, low-profile shell
- Quick-release system
Ski-doo Modular 3 Snowmobiling Helmet is designed for serious snowmobiling. This helmet is made of lightweight, durable, and high-impact-resistant polycarbonate. The helmet features a wide opening and a modular design for quick and easy adjustment.
A quick-release helmet retention system, as well as a visor with a dual-density sunshade and a low-profile chin curtain.
It also includes a built-in, adjustable chin strap and a removable, washable sunshade. The helmet has a new ergonomic, low-profile shell, a removable visor, and a quick-release system.
- Easy to get on/off
- Not for people with large heads
11. ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip-up Modular Full Face Helmet
- High-Resistance ABS Shell
- Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Modular Flip-Up Function
- Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip-up Modular Full Face Helmet is a High-Resistance ABS Shell with Micrometrically Adjustable Strap Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards.
Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft Easily Removable, and Washable Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduce Wind Noise Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog, and Wide View Clear Visor.
- Value for money
- Quality of material
- Easy to use
- High cost
12. ILM Motorcycle Snowmobile Full Face Helmet
- 3D complex technology
- Pinlock30 insert fog-resistant
- Quick-release strap and buckle
- Ultra-soft liner
- Removable & Washable Liners
- Easy to take on/off the full-face helmet
- Front, Top & Back Vents with a Large Fin for Maximum Ventilation
- Inner Tinted Lens & Clear Outer Lens
- The outer face shield is easy to remove and replace
The Helmet is ILM Motorcycle Snowmobile Full Face Helmet for Men and Women. The full-face helmet is suitable for most motorcycle riding styles, including touring, commuting, racing, and competition.
The helmet is DOT approved and made of quality ABS shell and high-density EPS liner for better impact protection, and meet your needs of touring in the United States.
Helmets are lightweight and aerodynamic, and there are 5 colors for your choice. Pinlock30 insert not only keeps the visor fog-resistant but also offers you a clear vision to enjoy riding on cold days.
- Great helmet for snowmobiling.
- looks great
- Fits very well
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Great helmet, but Not sure what to do about the sizing
13. Ski-Doo Oxygen Snowmobile Helmet
- Advanced M-FORGE Composite technology.
- Sun visor heated chamber.
- Durable anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings.
- Optional front LED utility light.
- NCS System.
- Prescription eyeglasses are friendly.
Ski-Doo Oxygen Helmet is great for all-day riding and long-distance travel. It is made from the same M-FORGE Composite material as the rest of the OXYGEN helmets.
It’s lighter than any other full-face helmet on the market and provides a clear, fog-free field of vision. It also has a heated chamber for your face and a retractable amber sun visor.
You can adjust the OXYGEN helmet to fit your head perfectly and keep your face and neck cool and comfortable. Lightweight M-FORGE Composite shell – 20% lighter than the BV2S helmet and 16% lighter than the Modular helmet.
Sun visor heated chamber. Amplified heated visor with pivot contact system. Retractable amber sun visor.
Prescription eyeglasses are friendly. Adjustable humidity extractor vents. Unobstructed panoramic field of vision for an incredible mask-less riding experience.
- Value for money
- The visor can be retracted for a clear view.
- No air gets into the helmet
14. Typhoon Helmets Youth Kids Full Face Snowmobile Helmet
- Soft and comfortable interior.
- Removable and washable liner & cheek pads.
- Made for kids ages 5+.
- Meets Department of Transportation (DOT FMVSS218) requirements.
- Standards you expect
Typhoon Helmets Youth Kids Full Face Snowmobile Helmet is a brand new product from Typhoon Helmets. This is a great new product that is made with quality materials.
In contrast to other products of Typhoon Helmets, this one is very durable. This product is made to meet the DOT requirements. This is a great helmet for your kids
This product is a great choice for you if you are looking for a product that is affordable and of high quality. You will love the quality of this product.
- Quality and comfort
- Great extras
- Poor return policy
15. Typhoon TH158 Dual Visor Modular Full Face Snowmobile Helmet
- A heated electric shield and cord included
- Certified to meet the DOT standard (FMVSS218)
- Retractable tinted sun visor
- Double pane shield with anti-fog coating
- Adjustable breath box and chin skirt included
- The sculpted aerodynamic ABS shell offers a sleek and lightweight design
- Smooth opening and closing with easy to actuate button
- Advanced front flow opening and closing ventilation system
- Easily removable and washable liner
- Quick Release closure for the chin strap
- Includes a drawstring fabric carrying bag
Typhoon TH158 Dual Visor Modular Full Face Snowmobile Helmet is another choice for those looking for a high-quality modular snowmobile helmet at an affordable price! No matter if you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, this helmet is a great choice for you!
Obviously, this is the best helmet for those who ride all day long and want to be protected from the sun, rain, and snow. The dual visor system is easy to adjust, and it allows you to choose from the included shades, or you can easily remove the visor and use your own.
This helmet is DOT certified and meets all the safety standards for the industry. The easy-to-use button system allows you to quickly open and close the visor, and it also allows you to easily adjust the visor. The visor system is also adjustable to fit different face shapes.
- A nice looking
- Affordable helmet
- Great Design
- Great value for money!
- The shield is not as good as it could be!
How to Choose the Best Youth Snowmobile Helmet – Buyer’s Guide
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best Youth Snowmobile Helmet but we will discuss only seven important factors to consider when purchasing the best Youth helmet for Snowmobile so let’s start
1. Types of Helmet
There are many types of Best Youth Snowmobile Helmets Full Face, Modular, and Snowcross
Full-face helmets are the most popular type of helmet because they offer the most protection.
Modular helmets are great for people who ride for long periods of time because they are easy to adjust and remove.
The snowcross helmets are a great choice for people who ride for short periods of time because they are lightweight and comfortable.
The size of the helmet is very important. You should choose the size of the helmet based on the size of your head. You should choose a helmet that is at least as large as your head.
The weight of the helmet is also important. You should choose a helmet that is as light as possible. The lighter the helmet, the better the ventilation and the easier it is to handle.
The visor is another important factor to consider when choosing the best Youth Snowmobile Helmet. You should choose a helmet with a good visor system. You should choose a helmet that has a dual visor system that is easy to adjust and remove.
The price of the helmet is also important. You should choose a helmet that is within your budget.
The warranty is another important factor to consider when choosing the best Youth Snowmobile Helmet. You should choose a helmet that has a warranty that is long enough to cover all the damages that can happen during the life of the helmet.
7. Safety Ratings
The safety ratings of the helmet are also important. You should choose a helmet that has a DOT certification. The DOT certification is a safety certification that ensures that the helmet is safe to use.
If you want to get the most out of your snowmobile, then you need to invest in the right equipment. This is why we have put together a list of the best youth snowmobile helmets for you to choose from.
These helmets are designed for children between the ages of 5 to 12 years old. They are durable and offer the highest level of protection for your child. The helmets also offer a full face shield that will keep your child safe and secure.
All the helmets on our list are made with the latest technology and offer excellent safety features that will ensure that your child is protected while riding on the snowmobile.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you size a youth snowmobile helmet?
There are several things to consider when sizing a helmet for your child.
1. Your child’s head size. A good rule of thumb is that the helmet should be a few sizes larger than the child’s head.
2. Your child’s age. The younger the child, the smaller the helmet should be. The older the child, the larger the helmet should be.
3. The size of the helmet. There are two main types of helmets. Full face and open face. A full-face helmet has a lower and wider brim. The brim extends out from the front of the helmet and down to the chin. An open-face helmet has a lower brim that extends out from the front of the helmet but does not cover the chin.
4. The type of riding your child will be doing. Full-face helmets are generally better for children who are going to be doing freestyle or park riding.
What is the best fog-free snowmobile helmet?
Because the fog-free feature helps the rider to see clearly in the snow, it is very important to choose the best fog-free snowmobile helmet.
Fogging is such a big issue with helmets, there are a lot of different types of fog-free helmets on the market. Some are more effective than others.
What is the best snowmobile helmet with a visor?
The best snowmobile helmet with a visor is a good choice for children who are going to be riding in the snow.
How do I choose the best snowmobile helmet for my child?
You should choose a helmet that is comfortable, has a good visor, is lightweight, has a good fit, and has a warranty that is long enough to cover all the damages that can happen during the life of the helmet.
How do I choose a snowmobile helmet?
You should choose a snowmobile helmet that meets your needs. The most important factors to consider when choosing a snowmobile helmet are the safety ratings, the visor, the weight, the price, and the warranty.